Category Archives: Employee Recognition
The goal of employee recognition is to show appreciation for an employee’s achievement and to motivate employees to continue good performance and their commitment to the company.A good employee recognition program helps an organization retain key employees and keep job satisfaction at a high level.
What Employee Recognition Is…..
- Acknowledgment of an employee’s achievement.
- It may take the form of a monetary reward or a non monetary reward
Why Employee Recognition Is Important because……
- Helps to attract and retain employees
- Motivates employees to perform at higher levels
- Increases employee productivity
- Increases healthy employee competitiveness
- Increases company revenues and profitability and improves quality of business & services
- Improves safety &Lowers stress
- Reduces absenteeism & turnover costs
Types of Employee Recognition
- Years of service
- Completion of certifications or degrees
- Being voted employee of the month, week, year
- Suggestion program ideas
Recognition Based on Performance
- Go beyond what is expected in their job
- Suggest a new process or idea that saves time or effort or positively affects the department or team
Ways to Recognize Employees
- Verbal, written or formal praise
- Opportunities to attend conferences or training sessions
- Monetary award or bonus pay
- Recognition luncheon
- A gift of company logo items or trophies.